Internships: Athlete Management/Coaching
Strength & Conditioning Internship – Spring Semester 2015 - USA Rugby (Chula Vista, CO)
This internship is expected to start in February 2015 and continue through June 2015. Interns must be eligible to receive college credit, or be satisfying an academic requirement, in order to be considered. This is a full-time internship at 40 hours per week. This internship is also open to graduate school candidates.
The primary focus of this internship is to effectively assist the Head of Strength and Conditioning to manage and co-ordinate all aspects of Strength and Conditioning support to National 7’s Squad players for the duration of the 2014/2015 International season.
- Assist Strength and Conditioning Advisor to maintain all records of information relating to testing of National 7’s Squad Players.
- Assist the Strength and Conditioning Advisor in providing meals and supplementation needs to all National 7’s Squad Players.
- Once educated and given clearance from the Strength and Conditioning Advisor, provide specified recovery protocol to all squad members.
- Once educated and given clearance from the Head of Strength and Conditioning, effectively Coach National 7’s Squad players in all areas of Strength and Conditioning at National Squad sessions & external.
- Assist the Strength and Conditioning Advisor in managing an integrated monitoring program for the National 7’s Squad to track player readiness, individual training volumes, and enhance player development.
- Willingness to assist Performance Analyst in videoing sessions when required.
- Assist the Head of Strength and Conditioning, Performance Analyst or Physio in collating all aspects of National 7’s Squad individual player data with reference to physical performance.
- Assist the Strength and Conditioning Advisor in managing and processing all data to give outcomes and recommendations for further progress of the National 7’s Squad.
- Assist the Head of Strength and Conditioning in keeping on-going records of all National 7’s Squad individual player data using the USA Data Management System.
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work/Availability:
Standard working hours will normally be Monday to Friday 0700 -1600. This role may require the candidate to work extended hours, evenings and weekends as required.
When the Head of Strength and Conditioning is traveling with the Tour squad or is unable to attend specific sessions, be available to supervise, provide and monitor all Strength and Conditioning requirements of the remaining Squad members/ complete squad that have been communicated to you by the Head of Strength and Conditioning.
Interns should possess qualifications in sport science and/or sports coaching. Post Graduate qualifications in sport science and/ or sport coaching/ Teaching or communication desirable.