Internships: Any Internship
Commercial Development Internship - Spring 2014 Semester - USA Rugby (Boulder, CO)
This internship is expected to start in January 2014 and continue through May 2014. Interns must be attending a US College or University and be eligible to receive college credit, or be satisfying an academic requirement for their degree, in order to be considered. This is a full-time internship at 40 hours per week, unless your school only permits you to complete a part-time internship program during this semester. Actual start and end dates are flexible.
The primary focus of this internship is to support and assist in the commercial/sponsorship operations of our organization. The Commercial Development Intern will assist with sponsorship fulfillment, commercial development, commercial research and analysis and developing commercial proposals, as well as any other tasks that contribute to the efficiencies of the Commercial Department.
• Assist with delivery of sponsorship requirements for current USA Rugby sponsors.
• Assist at summer events with sponsorship fulfillment for current USA Rugby sponsors
• Assist with research and analysis of sponsorship and commercial opportunities
• Assist with creation of graphics for commercial presentations
• Assist with creation of various commercial proposals
• Assist departments and vendors with marketing and sponsorship requests, if needed
• Other duties as assigned
Benefit to Intern:
• Exposure to and working with Major Global Sponsors
• Opportunity to work International Rugby events
• Experience with commercial research and analysis
• Understanding of business processes and commercial requirements in major sports organizations
• Experience working with an National Governing Body (NGB)
• Experience working for a international sports organization
• Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or greater
• GPA of 3.5 or greater within major if Sports Marketing major
• Major must be in Marketing, Sports Marketing, Business or similar
• Graduate school candidates must be in Sports Management/Marketing, Business or Law School
Percentage of duties:
50% - Sponsorship fulfillment and sponsor interactions
35% - Commercial research and analysis/presentation
15% - All other duties assigned
Interns should possess a passion for excellence in sports business, strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and willingness to learn.
Questions about this internship can be directed to Justine Bauder, at email@example.com, or by phone at 303-539-0300 x138. Applications must be submitted through Teamwork Online to be considered.