Athlete Management/Coaching: Coach - Elite Athlete Coach
Women's Endurance Track Coach - USA Cycling (Colorado Springs, CO)
The Women’s Endurance Track Coach will be responsible for leading USA Cycling’s Women’s Endurance Track Program through the next Olympic cycle to meet our goal of being the number one women’s endurance track program in the world. This role will be the head coach for the program and will focus on identifying and developing a deep pool of world-class athletes. The role will also lead a team of assistant coaches, technical partners, and sports performance specialists to ensure our athletes receive the best possible equipment, training, and support.
The Women’s Endurance Track Coach will work in close collaboration with many USA Cycling stakeholders including, but not limited to: USA Cycling Foundation (fundraising arm), USA Cycling’s sponsors and partners, the United States Olympic Committee, and the media.
Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· Level 1 USA Cycling Coaching accreditation or equivalent
· Bachelor’s degree in sport science
· Proven success as an endurance track coach at the world-class level
· Demonstrable, high-level knowledge of scientifically based cycling coaching and training techniques
· Ability to effectively develop and lead teams
· Ability to communicate a clear vision of outstanding international success which inspires others
· Unimpeachable ethical standards with a strong commitment to clean sport and the well-being of athletes
· Positive, can-do attitude with ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations
· Budget management and project management skills and experience
LOCATION AND NATURE OF ROLE
This will be a full-time role based at USA Cycling’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO.
This role will likely oversee 20+ athletes, supervise 3-6 staff members, and lead a wide range of external high performance partners and experts
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The employee may occasionally lift and / or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; use hands to handle or feel objects; and, stand, walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work is performed both in an office environment, where noise levels are usually moderate, and in a sporting environment where noise levels can be high.
Work is frequently performed around moving mechanical parts and athletes traveling at high speed, which requires close and constant attention to one’s environment.
Frequent air and ground travel will be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time salary position, with compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave; and the opportunity to participate in a 403b plan.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ