Retail Manager - United States Soccer Federation (Chicago, IL)
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
In order to achieve our mission, we must perform on and off the field by developing players, coaches and referees to world-class levels and serving fans like no other sport. Our consumer products business has seen tremendous growth over the past two World Cup cycles and is a key area of focus going forward. This area provides not only revenue upside potential but also represents an important component of our brand development in the soccer and sports landscape. This role will be responsible for forging the overall retail strategy as well as overseeing its execution. The U.S. Soccer Store business is focused in two key areas: online and on-site at National Team events. The Retail Operations Manager will be the responsible for managing operations and growing the business across these two channels. We are looking for an experienced person with good analytical and communication skills who is organized and capable of multi-tasking.
- Work with our retail partner (Soccer Event Specialists) and internal resources to create a promotional plan for ussoccerstore.com
- Collaborate with SES to create and implement a plan for maximizing merchandise sales on site including pre-event communication with fans, on-site branding and signage, customer service, creative transactional processes and other techniques for driving retail revenue
- Create a product roadmap for U.S. Soccer store and identify gaps in the overall line
- Explore and communicate best practices for an omni-channel retail strategy and tactics
- Proactively manage communication flow between Soccer Event Specialists and internal stakeholders
- Facilitate communication between Soccer Event Specialists and stadiums hosting U.S. Soccer National Team events
- Oversee on-site retail operations at National Team events
- Oversee implementation of retail strategy
- Maintain weekly call cadence with Soccer Event Specialists on U.S. Soccer Store operations and strategy
- Implement successful promotional strategy for U.S. Soccer Store (online) including email and social communications, online advertising, SEM and other tactics
- Create goals for ussoccerstore.com and merchandise sales at National Team events and track against performance
- Develop and maintain a reporting mechanism for U.S. Soccer’s overall retail business
- Review market trends and identify areas where U.S. Soccer can improve its retail business
- Bachelor degree in retail marketing or a bachelor degree with commensurate experience in the consumer products or retail space
- 5+ years related experience in the online and/or on-site retail operations or related fields.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred
- Experience working in sports or entertainment is preferred
- Strong technical skills are a plus
- Experience managing outside partners and staff.
- Experience managing multiple projects against goals and targets.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required.
- Desire to be part of a team
- Display a tireless work ethic
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Request feedback and is open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer