Retail: Retail Merchandising
Gift Shop Manager/Group Tour Coordinator/Office Manager - International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame (Arlington, TX)
Primary duties include customer service and hospitality to all International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame guests. Assist guests in purchasing Museum admissions, answer guest questions, handle cash and cash register reports and perform Museum opening/closing duties.
SUPERVISED BY: USBC Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Open/closed museum/gift shop daily—insuring all exhibits are in working order and proper change for cash drawer is available; making sure cash drawer balances daily; completing deposits on weekly basis
- Generate weekly, monthly & YTD sales report for gift shop & individual/group tours
- Maintain gift shop inventory (performing quarterly & yearend inventory); reordering merchandise as needed
- Solicit, schedule, organize & greet field trip groups; maintain calendar; follow-up with groups; provide billing info to finance for payment of special funds
- Distribute museum collateral to various entities (hotels, information centers, individuals etc); staff HOF booth at events
- Assist with mail/phone inquires & process Hometown Heroics certificates
- Assist Director of Events with site tours, booking & execution of special events in HOF/Earl Anthony
- Assist Curator with exhibit updates
- Assist in updating web site (museum hours/closures/special events)
- Posting daily Point of Sale entries from Gift Shop on accounting POS spreadsheet (reconcile month & year end with finance)
- Invoice special admissions & events for payment
- Order supplies needed to maintain museum/office/gift shop
- Process invoices for payment
- Assist with Board of Trustee packets for board meetings
- Distribution of raffle tickets to board members; collecting money and reconcile data
- Commemorative Brick program-process Brick requests, verify information and arrange for installation 2x a year
- Hometown Heroics-process/maintain data received from associations (send to IT for downloading 2x a year); process certificate requests
- Respond to incoming requests from associations/individuals received via telephone or mail
- Order awards as needed for USBC presentations & out-going Board members
- Xtravaganza-assist with processing entry forms/payment; assist committee as needed
Note: Responsibilities ranked at 1-3 are considered to be essential job functions, meaning the job was designed to do & accomplish that task. Responsibilities ranked at 4-5 are considered to be marginal job functions; meaning if the position didn’t do that task, the job itself would not be materially altered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Friendly and professional
- Proactively seek out information about the Museum
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Multi task quickly and efficiently
- Ability to move up to 25 pounds
The International Bowling Campus offers a competitive starting salary with excellent full-time benefits including health, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
To learn more about our company, visit www.bowl.com.
IBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.