Information Systems/Technical Services: Technical/Engineering
Applications Developer - International Bowling Campus (Arlington, TX)
The International Bowling Campus ("IBC") is the home to multiple companies that have come together to grow the sport of bowling. Those companies include the United States Bowling Congress, Bowling Proprietors' Association of America, and the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame.
The Applications Developer designs, installs, manages, and maintains Bowling Headquarters applications and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Microsoft CRM to convert, extend and enhance functionality, as well as aiding in implementation
• Communicate openly and effectively regarding development tasks, schedules, status, and designs to facilitate strong relationships between peer development groups and systems stakeholders and users.
• Must also have very strong verbal and written communication skills as customer interface is a shared responsibility of the team
• 3ys min .Net development experience required
• Microsoft CRM experience
• Great Plains experience
• BS/MS in computer science or related field
• Experience with CSS (positioning, advanced layouts, etc…)
• Skills with NUnit, Consuming and creating Web Services, Cross Browser Compatibility, XML (XHTML, XSLT, XPath, etc…)
• Experience working with SQL Server, SQL, DB2 (iseries) desired and Stored Procedure
• Knowledge in Java, JSP, Servlet, VB6 and IDE’s (Visual Studio 6, Netbeans/Eclipse) is a plus
• Strong background in object oriented design, development and design patterns
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Team player and the ability to plan and lead projects
• Must pass USBC Registered Volunteer Program background screen as a condition of employment to ensure appropriate protection is given to youth involved in our programs required.
• Ability to adhere to the Code of Conduct of the USBC Registered Volunteer Program is a condition of employment and continued employment.
• Lift and Carry various servers and equipment up to 30 lbs.
The International Bowling Campus offers a competitive starting salary with excellent full time benefits including health, dental, and life insurance, short-term disability, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Please visit our web site at www.bowl.com to learn more about our organization. To apply, email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to JOBS@bowl.com
Information Systems/Technical Services: Technical Support/Help Desk
Technical Support Specialist - United States Soccer Federation (Chicago, IL)
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist Department: IT/Infrastructure Reporting Relationship: Chief Financial Officer/Director of HR Location of Job: Chicago, IL
The Technical Support Specialist will provide technical and procedural advice, assistance, support, and problem resolution to staff, vendors, and partners relating to the full complement of IT systems, hardware, and software. The position is heavily focused on customer service, both internally and externally, serving as the point person for IT support issues with all employees as well as with our vendors. The candidate will be responsible for facilitating the IT onboarding and off boarding process and troubleshooting issues on a daily basis.
Act as the day-to-day point of contact in developing, maintaining, and monitoring strategic relationships with key technology vendors and service providers
Facilitate the acquisition, maintenance, storage, and security of company owned technology assets, including the tracking of inventory and warranty status for laptops, smartphones, peripherals, etc.
Support, install and configure technology for headquarters, additional offices, and remote employees
Respond to incoming support issues via phone, email and the web while providing a positive customer service experience
Provide support for technologies including but not limited to: Windows OS, MS Outlook/Exchange, PC Hardware, iOS, iPhone, Printers, SaaS Services and more
Act as liaison between IT and other departments to ensure quality support
Create knowledge and self-help documents for IT and end-users
Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience as customer advocate and technical lead
Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
Advanced support level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop OS and Microsoft Office Suites
Intermediate support level experience with ITIL/ITSM and/or Cloud (XaaS) oriented environments
Self-starter with focus on clear communication and understanding
Ability to prioritize and manage a number of different projects simultaneously
Quick learner who can function well in fast-paced, team-oriented environment