Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Staff Accountant - US Lacrosse (Baltimore, MD)
US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for a Staff Accountant in Baltimore, Maryland. If you’re looking for a dynamic atmosphere surrounded by supportive, fun and passionate co-workers, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
About US Lacrosse
US Lacrosse, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit association is the national governing body of lacrosse. The organization has nearly 400,000 individual members within 64 regional chapters throughout the country and employs a national staff of more than 75 at its Baltimore headquarters. US Lacrosse provides a leadership role in virtually every aspect of the sport throughout the United States, and offers numerous programs and services to its national membership and more than one million lacrosse enthusiasts throughout the country.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Finance, this position supports the Finance Department in all financial activities of the organization, including Payroll Management, Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables. In addition, assist in activities such as reconciliation of general ledger accounts, the annual budget and year end audit, identifying weaknesses in internal control policies and special projects. Occasional night/weekend work required to meet deadlines and to assist at US Lacrosse events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes Bi-weekly Payroll
• Responsible for verifying and processing payment for voluntary payroll deductions, including retirement accounts
• Prepares Monthly Payroll Journal Entry, Quarterly payroll analysis, Year-end census reports, and other payroll related reports as needed
• Working with Finance Associate, ensures all invoices are generated and mailed in a timely fashion
• On a monthly basis, reconciles Vendor Schedules and A/R sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger
• Prepares bank deposit slips and takes deposits to bank
• Maintains sub-ledger accounts for all deposits not processed through database
• Reconciles manual credit card payments to settlement batch report
• Working with Finance Associate, ensures all invoices are processed in a timely fashion and all payments are mailed in a timely fashion
• Reconciles monthly American Express statement and prepares for payment
• Prepares Form 1099
• Periodically audits expenses making sure all invoices have been properly coded, authorized, and adheres to US Lacrosse policies
• Maintains reconciliation of all project codes (Special Events, Nat’l Teams)
• Assists with Bi-annual Inventory reconciliation
• Assist with monthly reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts
Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Accounting or minimum of 3 years accounting experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
• Ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
• Exceptional attention to detail
All applicants must submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary requirments in order to be considered for this position. Relocation cost are not included.