Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Finance Administrator - US Lacrosse (Sparks, MD)
US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for a Finance Administrator working as part of our Finance & Administration team. We are looking for an individual that embodies The USL Way by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit association is the national governing body of lacrosse. The organization has over 425,000 individual members within 68 regional chapters throughout the country and employs a national staff of more than 80 at its Baltimore headquarters. US Lacrosse provides a leadership role in virtually every aspect of the sport throughout the United States, and offers numerous programs and services to its national membership and more than one million lacrosse enthusiasts throughout the country.
Processes memberships, donations, and other accounts receivable transactions on a timely basis, paying close attention to details to ensure data integrity. Completes a variety of other data entry and bookkeeping functions to support all departments within the organization. Provides administrative support for the Finance and Administration Team.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes donations with special attention to detail from a variety of source documents.
• Creates membership records in database from forms and files.
• Prepares batch entries, reviews exception reports, and makes corrections as needed.
• Registers attendees for events, creates teams, processes vendor payments, and inputs miscellaneous payments as required.
• Provides general administrative support to the VP of Finance and Administration and to Department Directors. Duties include scheduling appointments, set-up for meetings, preparing presentations, creating reports, filing, photocopying, and other duties as assigned.
• Serves as a backup for Call Center and Office Coordinator
• Supports and adheres to organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 – 3 years of experience required; bookkeeping or data entry experience preferred
• Exceptional use of PC and internet navigation; Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Superior written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong organizational skills needed. High level of accuracy and attention to detail required.
• Strong interpersonal skills; works well in a team environment.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
US Lacrosse is a national organization with a national constituency. This position requires flexibility as needed during peak season, special events, and month/year-end. This includes being available for additional hours after 5pm and/or weekends as needed for department coverage.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Occasionally lift and move boxes, supplies and equipment up to 20-30lbs.
• Will experience prolonged sitting, keying of data and speaking on the phone
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position. Relocation expenses are not included with an offer for this job opening.