Current available jobs in
Event/Venue Operations: Event Operations/Management
Open Water Compliance Advisor - U.S. Masters Swimming (Sarasota, FL)
Description – (CONTRACTOR POSITION)
SUMMARY: U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS) open water events are sanctioned by Local Masters Swimming Committees (LMSC) and are subject to national insurance compliance standards. USMS requires a second level of safety review before an open water sanction is approved. The Open Water Compliance Advisor will review safety plans for every USMS Open Water sanction request to ensure that minimum safety standards are met. This position will advise event directors of USMS expectations and communicate with the LMSC sanctions representative and the USMS National Office on the outcome of all reviews. The primary focus of this role is to ensure USMS Open Water events are safe and enjoyable for our members.
- Review OW sanction requests that are submitted via the USMS online sanction database to ensure compliance with USMS rules and administrative regulations.
- Communicate with event directors to provide guidance and set appropriate expectations.
- Work with the LMSCs and Open Water Committee to review and make recommendations on safety plans for the sanction requests.
- Submit a monthly report to USMS that documents approved sanctions and fees owed to USMS.
- Prepare an annual report and recommendations to the USMS National Office.
- Serve as an ex officio member of the USMS Open Water and Long Distance Committees.
- Attend the USMS annual meeting and corresponding Open Water and Long Distance meetings.
- Open Water Event experience, preferably as an event director.
- Knowledge of USMS open water process, rules and safety requirements preferred.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to bring multiple projects to completion congruently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to make clear recommendations and decisions.
- Willingness to participate conference calls outside of traditional business hours.
- Attention to detail
- Prior National Governing Body experience a plus.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have open water event experience? If yes, please explain.
2. Do you have knowledge of USMS open water process, rules and safety requirements? If yes, please explain.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings