Current available jobs in Event/Venue Operations:
» Director of Events - US Club Soccer (Charleston, SC)
» Events Coordinator - USA Fencing (Colorado Springs, CO)
» Director of Events - National and International - USA Water Polo (Huntington Beach, CA)
Event/Venue Operations: Event Operations/Management
Director of Events - US Club Soccer (Charleston, SC)
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
The Director of Events is responsible for planning and executing US Club Soccer’s events and programming throughout the United States, ensuring that each participant and attendee experiences a competitive, first-class and visionary environment focused on health and safety.
Programming is national, regional and local in scope, and currently includes NPL and other league-based events, National Cup Regionals and Finals, id2 Training Camps, Player Development Programs, and assistance with Players First programming.
Significant travel and evening/weekend work is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an individual who is proactive, motivated and organized, of high integrity, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment while representing US Club Soccer in a professional manner. Additional qualifications are as follows:
Compensation consists of a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance programs, vacation and personal day package, and a 401(k) plan option.
Event/Venue Operations: Event Operations/Management
Events Coordinator - USA Fencing (Colorado Springs, CO)
USA Fencing is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of fencing in the United States. Its mission is to grow and promote the sport of fencing in the United States, honor its rich traditions and to achieve sustained international success.
Education and Qualifications
Event/Venue Operations: Competition Management
Director of Events - National and International - USA Water Polo (Huntington Beach, CA)
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Director of National and International Events is a proven business leader who will lead the effort to refine and execute the strategic plan for all USAWP Competitive Events. Serves as the expert on all forms of existing competition with the express intent of replicating effective models in new markets. Assume a key role in sport growth through the effective creation and development of competition opportunities across all segments of USA Water Polo. Ensure all national and international championship events offer a consistent message and professionalism which encourages the development and growth of our sport and organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Drive all aspects of planning, development, organization and implementation of effective policies and functions of all USAWP competitive events and activities.
· Establish and maintain master calendar for all national and international championships, national and international events, FINA events, UANA events, Junior Olympics, Masters Nationals, Champions Cup, Rocktober, ODP Boys and Girls National Championships, US Opens, Collegiate Cup, Holiday Cup, Men and Women’s National Team Exhibitions, USAWP Signature Events and Men’s National League.
· Work with zones to develop and improve Junior Olympics Qualification Tournaments.
· Develop long term strategy and calendar.
· Oversee all aspects of National sanctioned event planning and execution including venue, LOC negotiations, scheduling, finances, and communication.
· Develop and manage budgets to ensure that all national championships and related events are cost-effective, profitable, and well-organized.
· Plan and direct all functions of USAWP National sanctioned events; manage income, travel and logistics, as well as USAWP correspondence with host and membership.
· Prepare, solicit and secure bids and locations for all competitive events. Work closely with local zones, clubs, Sports Commissions, Conventions and Visitors Bureaus and attends industry conferences to promote and secure locations. Cultivate relationships and grow the base of potential new event organizers.
· Review all relevant Conduct of Championship elements and continually review formats of play to provide the highest level of competition in alignment with National Championship philosophies. Ensure member compliance at all events.
· Determine parameters of each event.
Ensure all competition schedules are accurate and available to participants in a timely manner.
Ensure all team rosters are obtained and verified
Verify results are reported accurately on the appropriate communications venues throughout the event and with the Media team.
Review technical USAWP and FINA elements and their application within the event.
Coordinate all referee travel and logistics for tournament officials.
Work with the National Director of Referees and event head referee (if applicable) to identify necessary tournament officials and oversee budgetary requirements.
· Research and create programs for the development of new competitive events, building up membership engagement and growth.
· Build relationships with member clubs, LOC, CVB’s, sponsors, vendors, suppliers and facilities.
· Research and secure new event properties.
· Work closely with Director(s) of Marketing, Sport Growth, Membership, Communications, and Chief of High Performance in order to maximize superior quality, promotion and elevation of all USAWP events.
· Closely work with Local Organizing Committees (LOC’s) on event advertising and promotional campaigns to maximize exposure for participants, spectators, the memberships and our sponsors. Ensure USAWP quality standards are applied to all USAWP branded activities.
· Solid managerial skills to develop and manage staff.
· Other job duties as assigned.
· Work is planned, communicated, and executed in a timely fashion
· Clear and concise feedback through after-action plans for ALL events.
· Resources are managed wisely and within budget
· Conduct business and relates to colleagues with civility and integrity
· Events are self-sustaining or revenue positive when appropriate
· Demonstrate initiative and collegial approach to helping the organization achieve its stated goals
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Graduate degree preferred) or directly related experience
· Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Sport event management and Administration
· Strong business and program management skills
· Strong manager who can delegate effectively, supervise appropriately and successfully motivate professional staff and volunteers
· Team player who is always aware of the “bigger picture” of the organization and its mission—who will work not only to succeed individually but will reach out to others in the organization to build strong professional relationships and support their efforts
· Thorough understanding of event management, including relations with convention and visitors bureaus, as well as civic and scholastic entities
· Knowledge of club system in American sports, including ability to advocate for club athletes and to provide clubs with the resources to provide value to their members
· Demonstrated success at building and promoting events that attract participants and become self-sustaining
· Outstanding written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and knowledge of group dynamics
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office Apps, Google, etc.
· Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, and work flexible/additional hours when necessary
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ