Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Director of Interactive Member Experience - US Lacrosse (Baltimore, MD)
US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for a Director of Interactive Member Experience working as part of our Communications and Membership team. If you’re looking for a dynamic atmosphere surrounded by supportive, fun and passionate co-workers, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
About US Lacrosse:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit association is the national governing body of lacrosse. The organization has over 425,000 individual members within 67 regional chapters throughout the country and employs a national staff of more than 80 at its Baltimore headquarters. US Lacrosse provides a leadership role in virtually every aspect of the sport throughout the United States, and offers numerous programs and services to its national membership and more than one million lacrosse enthusiasts throughout the country.
The Director of Interactive Member Experience is a team player that can work cross-functionally with communications, membership, sports development and IT to create great member experiences. The objective of this position is to drive the US Lacrosse Organization forward to become leaders and innovators in designing desktop and mobile tools and functionality that improves member experience.
An important goal of this position is to bring US Lacrosse’s Brand Purpose (connect, inspire, influence and educate the Lacrosse Community through our digital properties). This role will be responsible for the operations and functionality of the following US Lacrosse online properties: USLacrosse.org, Laxmagazine.com, Mobile Coach, All new mobile applications, and 3rd party integrations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improving all functionality on USLacrosse.org including content access, e-biz and my account
- Designing, testing and delivering new functions and features across desktop and mobile devices.
- Partner closely with the technology teams to deliver new functionality
- Maintain a current roadmap (timeline and deliverables for all US Lacrosse for all new features and functionality).
- Responsible for thought to delivery of new functions and features including defining the business cases and accurately documenting business requirements.
- Develop and implement new functionality
- Own user acceptance testing including the documentation and process to ensure functions and features are in line with the business requirements.
- Encourage implementation of a “test and learn” culture across US Lacrosse including internal education and use of A/B testing technology.
- Leverage analytics to improve device functionality on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ten years online and digital customer experience expertise
- Proven leadership of large ecommerce, website design and mobile design projects
- Experience with B2C or B2B ecommerce
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce and mobile technology analytics
- Provide expertise on current ecommerce industry best practices.
- Experience identifying new areas of digital opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Ability to develop a digital strategy and roadmap combined with the technical to implement new functionality
- Occasional evening and weekend work and travel as needed
All applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and minimum salary requirements in order to be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not included.