Current available jobs in Communications:
» Online Editor - US Lacrosse (Baltimore, MD)
» Community Programs Coordinator - USA Track & Field (Indianapolis, IN)
» Assistant, Communications - USA Volleyball (Colorado Springs, CO)
Online Editor - US Lacrosse (Baltimore, MD)
US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an Online Editor, Lacrosse Magazine starting in January 2016 working as part of our Membership & Communications team. If you’re looking for a dynamic atmosphere surrounded by supportive, fun and passionate co-workers, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
About US Lacrosse:
Reporting to the Editor-in Chief, the Online Editor coordinates and produces content for LaxMagazine.com, a daily news website devoted to all levels of lacrosse and the online home of Lacrosse Magazine, the flagship publication of US Lacrosse.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage daily operations of LaxMagazine.com.
Position LaxMagazine.com as leader in online lacrosse media.
Manage Lacrosse Magazine social media channels.
Provide content for the monthly print publication, Lacrosse Magazine. Repurpose and supplement (with bonus articles, photos, videos, etc.) magazine content for digital audience.
Occasional travel as needed.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and list specific salary requirements in order to be considered. Relocation expenses are not included with offer.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Communications: Community Relations
Community Programs Coordinator - USA Track & Field (Indianapolis, IN)
BASIC FUNCTION: Assist in managing all aspects of USATF’s Run Jump Throw (RJT) youth activity program, focusing on promotion and growth of local events and youth participation to meet specific growth targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist in the development and execution plan to recruit local organizers to host local RJT events, including but not limited to former Hershey Track & Field Games organizers, Parks & Rec administrators, USATF Associations and Clubs, and school programs.
· In conjunction with Constituent Services Department, facilitate collaboration between USATF Associations and RJT organizers. Work with USATF Associations and clubs to encourage RJT participants to continue involvement in the sport of track & field.
· Assist local RJT organizers with registering, promoting and executing RJT events.
· In conjunction with Integrated Marketing & Communications Department, coordinate production of RJT promotional materials and facilitate their distribution to local organizers.
· In conjunction with Integrated Marketing & Communications Department, coordinate USATF and Partner presence at National Youth Championship Events.
· Manage Youth Membership Scholarship Program as part of Hershey partnership.
· In conjunction with the Youth Department, assist in incorporating RJT events into youth programming.
· Ensure RJT curricula and website are kept up to date.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in program development, on a program with national scope.
· Strong organizational skills, with outcome-driven performance.
· Experience working with nonprofit/community organizations and volunteers strongly preferred.
· Experience managing displays at conventions and events.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse partners, both adult and youth.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, business, sports management or a related field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Be able to lift 20+lbs. Able to stand for long periods of time and walk distances at events.
NON-PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Weekend and evening work; national and international travel required.
Communications: Corporate Communications
Assistant, Communications - USA Volleyball (Colorado Springs, CO)
About USA Volleyball
Want to work in the Olympic Movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball is the national governing body for beach, indoor and sitting volleyball in the United States with over 300,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
The Communications Assistant is a temporary 9-month position that will report to the Communications Manager and will be responsible for media and public relations for the USAV Sitting Volleyball program; help manage the team coverage of the Beach HP and HP international programs, as well as Junior Nationals; assist with web, social and digital management throughout with special emphasis during the Olympic Games. This position, while temporary, will be important to the department’s success in 2016 and will travel, including the Paralympic Games in Rio. Candidates seeking a mission-driven, energetic environment, eager to make a positive impact for USAV brand are encouraged to apply.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
Skills and Qualities
$26,500 - Commensurate with experience
Applications accepted online only. Applications must be received no later than close of business Monday, 23 November, 2015.
Relocation package is not available for this position
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ