Current available jobs in Communications:
Communications: Communications Department Management
Marketing & Communications Manager - USA Track & Field (Indianapolis, IN)
BASIC FUNCTION: To promote and elevate the profile of USATF through traditional, digital and social media, with an emphasis on multicultural media relevance. To leverage internal and external communications channels for advancement of the sport and its participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Writes, edits and places press releases and stories related to all facets of USATF.
· Proactively pitches stories, with special emphasis on multicultural media; fields media inquiries
· Provides media services at USATF national championships and international team events as assigned. Includes pre-event promotion, roster announcements, on-site coverage and media management.
· Assists in oversight Athlete of the Week and daily clips programs
· Writes and maintains athlete biographies
· Assists in production of USATF publications
· Maintains departmental databases – email, events, biographies
· Assists in administration of National Track & Field Hall of Fame nomination and election processes.
· Other duties as assigned
· 1-3 years experience in communications/PR field.
· Understanding of multicultural media landscape preferred
· Excellent writing and speaking skills
· Demonstrated expertise in social media platforms
· Strong work ethic, attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment
· Understanding of the sport of track and field or a similar Olympic sport preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Access.
· Demonstrated ability to manage a number of projects and handle large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data.
· Bachelor’s degree in the area of journalism, marketing, public relations or related field preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Be able to lift 20+lbs. Able to stand for long periods of time and walk distances at events – mixed zone and on-field.
NON-PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Weekend and evening work; national and international travel required.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ