Current available jobs in
Communications: Head of Web/Media Content
Content Manager (MNT) - United States Soccer Federation (Chicago, IL)
U.S. Soccer maintains a network of original content that includes social media, video, written features, design and photography. The Content Manager is fundamentally involved in each step of the creation and distribution of content across all platforms and will work with other creators (both internal and external) to develop unique and compelling content for fans of U.S. Soccer’s teams, with a heavy concentration on the Men’s National Team. The ideal candidate has exceptional knowledge of all phases of content production and experience in managing the creation and distribution of each content type.
- Develop, schedule and manage the content plan for Men’s National Team events, including but not limited to: social, written, video, audio, graphic and photography
- Collaborate with members of the Content and Communications teams at U.S. Soccer to execute and deliver digital content across platforms
- Produce content in the field and at live events, individually and as part of a team
- Manage aspects of content budgets and oversee content creators across the organization while keeping projects on deadline
- Implement standards and procedures for the creation of content, making sure all producers are educated on process and follow guidelines
- Assist in all other facets of the Content and Communications departments in and out of the office and in other aspects of the organization, including Coaching, Referees, Development Academy and Hall of Fame.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years of experience in content production, creation and management
· In addition to possessing substantial creative capital, the ideal candidate is a disciplined manager of the overall content production process from pre-production to distribution/publishing
· Understands the various approaches and techniques required for a wide-array of platforms, from social media to long-form, from short social videos to multi-episode series
· Pushes the creative capacity of the content department while fitting the established voice of U.S. Soccer
· Possesses meticulous attention to project management detail and strong organizational skills
· Able to create and oversee schedules, maintaining tight deadlines
· Oversees individual or team-based projects from development to completion
· Specific knowledge of soccer is a plus but not a requirement; more important is the knowledge and ability to adapt to the environment surrounding a high-level professional sports team
· Quick learner who can function well in the fast-paced environment mandated by professional sports
· Full-time position, minimum 40-hour week with weekend work and extensive travel required
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Director of E-Commerce - US Lacrosse (Baltimore, MD)
US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for a Director of E-Commerce working as part of our Communications and Membership team. If you’re looking for a dynamic atmosphere surrounded by supportive, fun and passionate co-workers, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
About US Lacrosse:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit association is the national governing body of lacrosse. The organization has over 425,000 individual members within 67 regional chapters throughout the country and employs a national staff of more than 80 at its Baltimore headquarters. US Lacrosse provides a leadership role in virtually every aspect of the sport throughout the United States, and offers numerous programs and services to its national membership and more than one million lacrosse enthusiasts throughout the country.
The Director of E-Commerce is a team player that can work cross-functionally with communications, membership, sports development and IT to create great member experiences. The objective of this position is to drive the US Lacrosse Organization forward to become leaders and innovators in designing desktop and mobile tools and functionality that improves member experience.
An important goal of this position is to bring US Lacrosse’s Brand Purpose (connect, inspire, influence and educate the Lacrosse Community through our digital properties). This role will be responsible for the operations and functionality of the following US Lacrosse online properties: USLacrosse.org, Laxmagazine.com, Mobile Coach, All new mobile applications, and 3rd party integrations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improving all functionality on USLacrosse.org including content access, e-biz and my account
- Designing, testing and delivering new functions and features across desktop and mobile devices.
- Partner closely with the technology teams to deliver new functionality
- Maintain a current roadmap (timeline and deliverables for all US Lacrosse for all new features and functionality).
- Responsible for thought to delivery of new functions and features including defining the business cases and accurately documenting business requirements.
- Develop and implement new functionality
- Own user acceptance testing including the documentation and process to ensure functions and features are in line with the business requirements.
- Encourage implementation of a “test and learn” culture across US Lacrosse including internal education and use of A/B testing technology.
- Leverage analytics to improve device functionality on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ten years online and digital customer experience expertise
- Proven leadership of large ecommerce, website design and mobile design projects
- Experience with B2C or B2B ecommerce
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce and mobile technology analytics
- Provide expertise on current ecommerce industry best practices.
- Experience identifying new areas of digital opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Ability to develop a digital strategy and roadmap combined with the technical to implement new functionality
- Occasional evening and weekend work and travel as needed
All applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and minimum salary requirements in order to be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not included.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your minimum salary requirement?
2. How many years of online and digital customer experience expertise do you have and in what capacity?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Communications: Communications Department Management
Communications Coordinator - USA Track & Field (Indianapolis, IN)
BASIC FUNCTION: Collaboratively work with communications department and organization to maintain USATF content.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with each USATF department/program to add new content and update all areas of web site.
- Creates and coordinates pre- and post-event coverage for National Championships and Team USA events, including posting of event information, photo galleries, video clips, and results.
- Coordinates with volunteer segments of the organization, as well as the public, on website-related issues.
- Ensures that all content complies with relevant policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Code templates and pages that align with intended design and functionality
- Work with each USATF department/program to add new content and update all areas of the website.
- Administer the Content Management System (CMS) for USATF.org and all subsidiary websites.
- Coordinate with volunteer segments of the organization, as well as the public, on website related issues, including content management and relevant updates.
- 3-5 years of HTML experience. Applicants must be technically proficient in directly editing content on HTML pages. They must also have a strong understanding of templates and be comfortable editing master templates of large web applications. HTML 5 experience is a plus.
- 3-5 years of CSS experience.
- 1-2 years of jQuery experience.
- 2-3 years experience with content management systems and experience editing content sections of existing pages, as well as creating new pages from existing templates.
- Preference will be given to applicant with XML experience and who also demonstrate a working knowledge of Photoshop or similar photo editing. Applicant must be comfortable working on live applications and have a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Occasional nights and weekends, some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: None
NON-PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Occasional nights and weekends required; some travel may be required.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings