Current available jobs in Communications:
» Coordinator, Giving Programs - U.S. Figure Skating (Colorado Springs, CO)
» Communications Coordinator - USA Fencing (Colorado Springs, CO)
Communications: Community Relations
Coordinator, Giving Programs - U.S. Figure Skating (Colorado Springs, CO)
Responsibilities Include: The Coordinator, Giving Programs is responsible for the completion of the tasks listed herein. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work in a team environment, balance multiple projects and deadlines, accuracy, timeliness, flexibility and professionalism.
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree and professional experience in fundraising programs or related field is preferred. Minimum two years of experience required, preferably in fundraising, scholarships, annual giving or deferred giving campaigns. Successful candidates will have exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to multitask while meeting aggressive deadlines. Strong computer skills, preferably PC platforms, are a must. Knowledge and experience with Adobe Suite, Microsoft programs and desktop publishing is a plus. A customer first attitude and experience working with volunteers is necessary. Willingness to work evening and weekend hours as necessary to complete assignments is expected. Candidates should be open to travel as needed for U.S. Figure Skating events.
Classification: Exempt Employee
Reporting Requirement: Reports to the Director, Communications
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Communications Coordinator - USA Fencing (Colorado Springs, CO)
USA Fencing is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of fencing in the United States. Its mission is to grow and promote the sport of fencing in the United States, honor its rich traditions and to achieve sustained international success.
This person will report to the Senior Communications Manager.
1. Write feature articles for the website and magazine on athletes, clubs and key constituents of USA Fencing.
2. Engage with the communications, membership and development departments to develop new initiatives, including local outreach, donor relations and promotion of member benefits.
3. Publicize upcoming events, athlete achievements, competition results and other newsworthy subjects.
4. Maintain lists of national and hometown media contacts.
5. Track media coverage weekly for senior, junior, cadet, veteran and wheelchair national team members as well as pertinent club news.
6. Serve as a resource for hometown media outlets.
7. Promote athlete, coach and club recognition programs.
8. Assist with updating www.usfencing.org and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
9. Maintain athlete and coach bios, including updating domestic and international event results.
10. Create marketing support materials such as athlete cards, merchandise signs and other projects as applicable.
11. Assist the publisher of American Fencing Magazine, including editing, layout, copy, photography, ad sales and content management.
12. Provide excellent customer service to USA Fencing members and media contacts.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and 3-5 published samples of your work. Samples must include 2-3 writing samples. Applicants also may provide additional multi-media work samples. Applications without samples WILL NOT be considered.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ