Current available jobs in Communications:
» Team USA Cycling / USA Cycling Marketing Director - USA Cycling (Colorado Springs, CO)
» Communications and Marketing Coordinator - USA Field Hockey (Colorado Springs, Co)
Communications: Corporate Communications
Team USA Cycling / USA Cycling Marketing Director - USA Cycling (Colorado Springs, CO)
The Marketing Director purpose is to grow the revenue, awareness and reputation of USA Cycling and Team USA Cycling brands. The Marketing Director is responsible for marketing communication with all stakeholders, across every medium and all media outlets, including social and digital channels.
Marketing and Communications Team – Overall Marketing Goals
(Shared by all members of the marketing communications team)
Team USA -Tell the story of Team USA and our programs across all media. Create compelling content, grow fans, followers, engagement and media exposure. Establishes USA Cycling and Team USA Cycling online platforms as a go-to portal for cycling related content and information.
Build a positive reputation and image for USA Cycling - Proactively take control of the agenda to a build positive image and reputation for USA Cycling across all stakeholder groups. Proactively and aggressively neutralize negative issues to cast USA Cycling in the best possible light.
Retain and acquire new members- Execute an annual communication plan to retain and acquire new members.
Membership communications - Provide ongoing communication on our events, services and operations to grow cycling.
Sponsor communication and activation -Deliver our sponsors’ message in communications and activation at events; grow engagement and media exposure for our partners.
Sponsorship growth - Grow revenue and increase the range and quality of our partnerships.
Key duties and interactions of the marketing director
- Leads the definition and development of the Team USA Cycling brand, and that of the USA Cycling brand, including the publication of brand manuals and guides.
· Develops a compelling brand proposition for USA Cycling and Team USA Cycling on a rational and emotional basis, building loyalty, relevance and a strong connection between our organization and members, and moving away from membership being based on an obligation to by a license.
· Sets brand metrics and targets for USA Cycling / Team USA Cycling marketing and communication, which may include, but not be limited to:
o Brand impressions and awareness
o Membership consideration, purchase intent, acquisition and retention (including women’s membership)
o Brand attributes and imagery
o Positive / negative media sentiment
· Develops and executes an annual marketing communications plan to communicate the brand message and achieve the brand metrics and targets.
· Tracks and measures performance of brand metrics and targets; reviews and refines activity accordingly
· Directs membership research and insight development to understand the brand perception of USA Cycling / Team USA Cycling and to determine opportunities to expand our business and membership. Research includes, but is not limited to segmentation research and member / potential member survey.
· Repositions the communications team to deliver a best in class digital and social media operation for USA Cycling. Develops USA Cycling and Team USA online platforms as a go-to portal for cycling related content and information.
· Manages the content and feel of the USA Cycling website.
· Creates compelling content - directs communications activities including the development and distribution of content, such as stories, video, photography across all forms of mainstream, digital and social media, to grow the membership, reputation and image of USA Cycling and Team USA. Integrates sponsor branding and product in content wherever possible.
· Manages the production and distribution of content, working with production and media companies.
· Oversees the development of press releases, web content, feature stories, newsletter content and internal communications.
· Leads the community management of the USA Cycling and Team USA social media sites; sets the schedule and manages the overall tone of voice.
· Finds the appropriate balance between delivering sports information and the creation of content that builds the brand and reputation of USA Cycling. Appropriately allocates resources to deliver. (The current mix is too far in favor of sports information.)
· Responsible for proactive and reactive media relations.
· Crisis management – plans and takes proactive measures to take control of the agenda, minimizing negative situations to ensure USAC is represented in the best possible light.
o Proactively anticipates issues and develops appropriate plans.
o Leads the USAC response, coordinating with executive team, staff and consultants.
· Acts as company spokesperson - drafts comments and quotes for the executive team, and provides media advice to staff.
· Stages annual media meetings and develops effective, in-depth relationships with influential media outlets.
· Integrates communications, digital/ social media with sponsorship, marketing and membership, to provide exposure to sponsors and to help increase membership.
· Provides day-to-day management of staff of four and oversees independent contractors.
· Establishes and manages the annual departmental budget.
· Develops and executes a merchandising plan to generate visibility and revenue for Team USA Cycling.
· Manages the relationship with the US pro races and teams to achieve the marketing, communications and activation goals for Team USA Cycling, and to gain access to riders.
· Develops a comprehensive strategy to increase membership among women; developed and executed in collaboration with the membership marketing manager, the communications team and sponsorship manager.
· Develops partnerships with select advocacy organizations: as an efficient means to generate a positive PR and media benefit.
Key Skills and Experience
· A seasoned marketing and communications professional.
· Persuasive marketing, communication and storytelling capabilities. Able to create exciting content and deliver messages with flair, across all media and among all stakeholder groups.
· Firm leadership stance – able to deliver under pressure and in the face of push back from stakeholders. Must be confident when dealing with USA Cycling executives, board members and other stakeholders, including the media, the UCI and the USOC.
· Knows the sport (or similar field); is politically savvy in dealing and stakeholders.
· Strong knowledge and expertise across all mainstream and digital communications channels. Understands emerging trends and is capable of building and maintaining a consistent tone of voice across all media.
Normal office setting therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include both close and distance vision. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to stand and walk to complete tasks and occasionally may climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch to complete tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a full-time, salaried position and will be based at USA Cycling’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, 403b plan. Salary commensurate with experience
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Communications and Marketing Coordinator - USA Field Hockey (Colorado Springs, Co)
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Someone who grew up running around the corners of a kickball field and believed gold medals were within reach after devouring hours of Olympic coverage. We’re looking for someone who never grew out of that star-struck, All-American competitiveness and wants to apply it to the fields of communications and marketing. You need to be just as aggressive as our national team forwards by continually cultivating fresh ideas for campaigns and have a quick reaction to problem solving like our Team USA goalkeepers. There’s a demand for accuracy, appreciation of deadlines and challenge to live tweet matches from various countries while selecting the perfect Instagram filter for the game winning goal. You’ll have to make sure all programs of coaching, umpiring, events and grassroots get the rich media coverage they deserve. A mastery of multitasking and thriving in extreme pressure situations are required. Positive energy and a team player attitude are pivotal.
Managing communications at the most elite level of national sport isn’t a daydream anymore.
It’s the application below.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for enhancing our audience’s online relationship with USA Field Hockey through our website, managing social media accounts, and continually improving brand reputation and consistency across all communication platforms. The mission is to increase awareness of field hockey, and USA Field Hockey, and to enhance the user experience through all of USA Field Hockey’s social media platforms.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ