Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Social Media Manager - United States Soccer Federation (Chicago, IL)
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
U.S. Soccer oversees a social media ecosystem of more than 7.5 million followers across multiple digital platforms. All social media strategy is formulated and executed out of U.S. Soccer’s headquarters in Chicago, with a team of people working to create compelling content for fans who follow the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams. U.S. Soccer’s social media team draws from the company’s Marketing, Communications and Content departments and takes a collaborative approach to managing each outlet.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for furthering the development of U.S. Soccer's social media presence, overseeing various aspects of day-to-day maintenance and crafting long-term strategy as directed.
- Development and curation of all U.S. Soccer social media platforms
- Manages the day-to-day interaction and publishing for U.S. Soccer social communities, responding to customer service inquiries, joining in relevant conversations and identifying trends across networks.
- Writes copy and distributes media as dictated by different content strategies.
- Develops high-impact campaigns to drive awareness and engagement around big events and year-round.
- Works with different departments within the organization to further build the Federation's collective social media presence and strategy.
- Growth and strategy implementation across all U.S. Soccer social media platforms
- Applies and oversees the implementation of best practices for each platform while initiating targeting strategies based on demographics and marketing goals.
- Manages calendars for requested posts and campaigns by various departments and across the organization.
- Provides and disseminates reports that measure all established performance indicators.
- Oversees analytics programs and data compilation with regards to all social media initiatives as well as tracking links/codes for social POS.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or marketing is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in the Content Marketing/Social Media industry preferred
- Thorough understanding of the medium, the unique voice, and methods on each platform
- Background in global soccer and sports with a familiarity with U.S. Soccer’s “voice”
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience working in groups but also an ability to work alone and on a deadline
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere)
- Desire to be part of a team
- Display a tireless work ethic
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Request feedback and is open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer